* * * NOW SOLD * *
I am reluctantly offering “The Bluebird” for sale, after 44 years of ownership.
The history of this car has been well documented over the past several decades in Freewheeling. In the past few years, I have rarely used more than two tanks of petrol in a year. I have come to the conclusion that I have had all the fun that I am likely to have with this vehicle and it is time for someone else to take over the responsibility for maintaining this unique piece of Australian history.
I bought the car from the estate of (probably) the second owner who was an enthusiast. I carried out a thorough restoration in 1978, including mechanical rebuild and professional respray. The car won the CVVTMC Concours in the Pre-War section in that year and won its class in the Rover Owners’ Club concours a number of times. Since then, I have not kept it in concours condition but I have used it and enjoyed it as a very reliable car.
The car attended the 2016 National Rally in Forbes and ran perfectly, as it always does. Much of the interior is original and the authenticity is museum standard.
- 1577cc six-cylinder engine rebored, new bearings about 30k miles ago
- four-speed gearbox with freewheel but no syncromesh
- Diff rebuilt recently
- Four-wheel hydraulic brakes
- Original upholstery. Rear is goo but a small tear as developed on the driver’s squab
- Good chrome but not perfect now
- Good tyres (cross-ply 5.50 x 17” on Rudge Whitworth wire wheels
- Luggage rack
- Startix (working)
- Luvax automatic garage floor lubrication system (should be blanked off and bushed replaced in nylon)
- Rewired when restored
- Sold on full registration with Pink Slip and b/w registration plates JF-025
- Extensive collection of new and used spares will accompany the car.
Selling price will be $18,000.
The car could be driven interstate but it is a long trip at 70 km/h.
Contact Jim Moule on 0490 388 470 or (02) 9542 1967
or email email@example.com